Product: Aquatain AMF
Innovator: Graham Strachan
Company: Ultimate Agri-Products
Aquatain AMF is a silicone-based liquid which spreads instantly across the surface of a water body, forming a very thin film and blocking the mosquito lifecycle. It can play a major role in the fight against malaria, dengue fever and other mosquito-borne diseases. Unlike other conventional pesticides, it has a physical action rather than chemical action and is totally non-toxic.
- Physical rather than chemical process
- Blocks mosquito lifecycle
- Certified for application to drinking water bodies in US
- No chemical resistance by mosquitos
- Self spreading liquid – just pour in
- Reduces evaporation
Status of Innovation:
Negotiating with several multinationals for worldwide distribution.
Related Media Articles:
"New Australian invention gives mosquitoes the buzz" - INNOVIC Media Release